Located in Johnsonville, 1841 is here to bring back some good old kiwi hospitality.
With a hearty menu, a variety of top beverages, weekly entertainment, plenty of live sport & gaming, the owners of 1841 aim to please everyone from the family group through to the hardened sports' fan.
At 1841 we are all about the local hospitality. The northern suburbs are where we were raised and schooled, are our home, our work and our community. We look forward to providing the neighbourhood and those visiting with great food and beverages, entertainment and warm professional service, as well as supporting local initiatives and engaging in friendly banter. 1841 – some things never change.
(04) 477 4057
1 Disraeli St
Call (04) 477–4057 from 10am – 11pm daily,
Reservations recommended for parties of 6 or more, walk-ins welcomed.
FUNCTIONS AT 1841
We offer FREE venue hire for any function big or small.
We have an upstairs bar available with two function spaces – the Top Field, catering for up to 100 and Johnson’s Clearing, catering for up to 50. Both can be combined catering for up to 150. Alternatively we can host your function in the restaurant area downstairs. Upstairs is a fully private with bar and toilet facilities. 1841 caters for any occasion - birthdays, Xmas parties, engagements, corporate parties, mini conferences or meetings.
- Personally Customised Space: Can be split into two areas. Johnson’s Clearing is perfect for intimate parties or open up the whole space if you have a large number of guests.
- Adaptable Space: We have a large selection of furniture available for you to use including tables, chairs, bar leaner’s and stools. These can be set up as you require.
- Private Bar: Fully stocked and your choice of how you want to utilise this. You can put on a bar tab, subsidise drinks or your guests can pay for their own.
- Separate Sound System: with the option to plug in an iPod or play from our extensive easy listening selection.
- Large Screen TVs – ideal for photo boards
- Extensive Platter Menu: Perfect for large groups of people and suits even the fussiest of guests (pre orders a must). Download a copy here.
- Buffet Menu: minimum 40 people for this option. Download a copy here.
- Set Menu: Two and three course options available. Download a copy here.
- Conference Options: We can do anything from Morning Tea and Afternoon Tea to providing Lunch and/or Dinner.
To secure your booking we require a $300 deposit one month out from your desired date. The deposit comes off the total balance owed. Due to demand, we cannot confirm your booking until the deposit has been paid.
Contact Information and Availability
For more information on how we can cater for your event and availability, please contact Functions and Events Manager by phone - (04) 477 4057.
Fundraising quiz nights
Being a local business with the community in mind, we are inviting local Schools and Community organisations to jump on board with our fun, interactive and hassle free evenings. From something as exciting and fun as a quiz night, you could potentially raise in excess of $2500.
We provide FREE venue hire, FREE nibbles and have the whole evening arranged. Quiz nights generally work best and have the ability to cater for a larger number of people. If you have any ideas or thoughts for a fundraising evening, we are more than happy to accommodate and make it a successful and enjoyable evening where possible. We can also help to arrange extras like raffles and auctions to increase the funds raised.
For more information on fundraising quiz nights, please contact Functions and Events Manager by phone - (04) 477 4057.